Thursday, August 12, 2010

My Late Twenties ;)

It may be all downhill from here…or maybe the best is yet to come…either way, my husband totally outdid his normally card-and-present self on this birthday in 2010.  Y’all, the man baked.  A cake.  With cream cheese icing.  That’s my man!

DSC_0799

The birthday weekend began with Daddy and the girls entering the kitchen.  I wasn’t sure what may happen so just decided to run away…to JoAnn’s.  Doesn’t everyone want to run away to there?!  I came back home to a baked cake, happy children, and my home still standing.  Somebody was speaking my love language!

After the kids went to bed, Jonathan and I had a night full of laughs as he decorated this baby…

DSC_0802 I mean, I do love America, but this is what you get when you combine 1) a husband who never bakes with 2) a small town grocery store with limited ammunition!  And I absolutely love it!

The next morning The Others and the Immeasurably More clan all headed to the beach for a fun in the sun day all planned by my darling!  We splashed and ate sand for about an hour before the trifecta hit.  In a matter of SECONDS, rain began soaking every inch of our belongings.  Half-naked children + rain pellets falling faster than the speed of bullets + beach sand turning to mud + an 8 mile trek + 1,328 beach “necessities” = GREAT memories!  I was laughing so hard I could hardly walk!!  I really wouldn’t trade that moment for anything!  We waited the rain out while we bribed our children with candy played with our children under the shelter and then made our way to a local restaurant! 

DSC_0814

DSC_0804

DSC_0807  DSC_0809

DSC_0815  DSC_0817

It was perfect, darling!

And look what found a new home on our porch…a new deck box!  The man went to Pier 1 and picked out this beautiful gem!  I didn’t even know he was aware Pier 1 was a store!  I was totally surprised!

DSC_0820

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Haha!! What a BEAUTIFUL day! August birthdays are the BEST!!:) We will miss you at MOCHA this morning, but can't wait to see you when you get back from your jewelry travels!! Love ya!

Lauren said...

Fun, fun, fun! I love a birthday were the hubby's know exactly what we need to feel special. Glad your birthday was filled with memories and alot of love.

Immeasurably More Mama said...

I totally busted out laughing when I scrolled down and saw that picture of H...what in the world???

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fabulous birthday! :) Your honey gets major points for the homemade bday cake! Love it and all it's patriotic glory! :) (not to mention him shopping at the Pier 1...very impressive!) :)