Sunday, September 12, 2010

First Ballet Class

Before we ever married brothers, Laura and I were best friends.  Among many things, we shared a deep love of dance.  We danced for years together, choreographed songs at church, and daydreamed of Ballet Magnificat.  We also dreamed that one day our own littles would attend dance and the love affair would continue! 

I will never forget the day we found out our first little bundle of joy would be dressed in pink.  It only took a matter of seconds for pink tights and leather ballet shoes to enter my mind’s eye (and Aunt Laura had just opened her own ballet studio).  As Ella grew, her love of music and dance just exploded.  The girl had moves at 10 months that her daddy didn’t have at 26;)  I could not WAIT until Ella turned three so she could share that love with other little girls!

As we pulled up to Laura’s School of Ballet, Ella was beyond excited!  And I was about to cry.  It was such a full circle moment for me.  Dance was one of my first loves in life.  At different times it was fun, emotional, raw, hard, and frustrating.  Most importantly, it was something I also used to worship our Creator!  And now my sweet love was about to begin her own journey with it.  To top it off, Aunt Laura was teaching!

Needless to say, ballet is all we have talked about this week!  She did a great job – Aunt Laura says she’s a natural;)

Just look at what she did when I told her to take a picture!

DSC_1218

DSC_1217

Ella Claire and her beloved Aunt Laura!

DSC_1220 DSC_1221

DSC_1222

Ella and some of the girls in her class! She was beside herself being with ALL GIRLS!

DSC_1227

We can’t wait until next week!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

I had no idea Laura actually owned the dance studio?!?! That's awesome!

Ella looks SO SWEET! :)

Unknown said...

So sweet and precious!! Does "aunt laura" have a class for younger than 3?!?! The 2 studios around us don't, so were counting down the days until we hit 3 and can take some ballet!! :)

Carrie said...

Ella is precious in her little tights, Lacy! I know y'all are worn out after the big birthday party, but I have to tell you..it looks amazing! Pat yourself on the back, momma!