Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Day We Forgot the Num Num

Before Audrey had even breathed her first breath, I swore I would get rid of the pacifier before her first birthday.  We waited until Ella was 2 1/2 and it was just not good.  Although she never complained, her napping was never the same since the day we gave those num num’s to the babies at the hospital (AKA our pediatrician)!  I swore I wouldn’t let Audrey get deeply attached like Ella. 

Well, May 20th came and went this year and I chickened out!  I couldn’t take away her precious num num!  I moved the date to 13 months.  Then 15 months.  Then never!  God knew I needed help and we happened to forget all num num’s on the day of Ella’s ballet recital.  Uh-oh.  Even though she missed a nap, Audrey did really well without it.  We even went to see the pond lighting.  Bravery, y’all! 

On the way home, I knew God was telling me it was time to leave it be and not give her another one.  I was telling him why we should.  As I was quietly having this conversation, Jonathan suddenly said, “What do you think about not giving her a num num when we get home?”  WHAT!  I hear you, Lord!

And folks, that was the easiest thing!  She has done phenomenal and is still sleeping just the same!  Here is the last picture of my sweet little girl with her beloved num num.  So bittersweet.

DSC_0216-1

And here are some of the pond lighting!  It was so fun watching Audrey tumble around the hills and lights this year!  The train was by far Ella’s most favorite light display!

DSC_0374

DSC_0389

DSC_0399

DSC_0405

DSC_0411

DSC_0410

1 comment:

Unknown said...

what a big girl to be doing so great without her paci. We've GOT to take AB's away... :( I just dont know if I have it in me! ha... :) Love the pic of you and the girls in your pink hats! so cute...