Monday, January 31, 2011

Jesse Tree

DSC_0042

For the past few years, I have wanted to develop some small family traditions around December that focus us back to our Savior…because sister here needs that focus all year and especially during this crazy month!  I also needed something that

-could keep the attention of a 3 year old and 1 year old

-not make me crazy

-present the story of Christ in a way Ella could understand

-not make me crazy (did I mention this already?)

I came across the Jesse Tree and knew it would be a good fit for us right now!  I also love the 11,895 variations you can find online, so it can grow and change with our family!  This year was the year of coloring and I found the coloring ornaments and daily devotionals here.  It went fairly smoothly and we all learned!  Most importantly, it marked the beginning of family devotions at the table after supper.  That was worth all the cutting!

DSC_0034DSC_0036

I have a few of my favorite ornaments stashed in Ella’s keepsake box.  I just love this one of Joseph’s coat of many colors!  She was familiar with the Bible story and colored the coat with her many colors.  Be still my heart!!

DSC_0041

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i love this! i hope i can remember it for next year! :)